Friday, August 1, 2008

Inspirations

Jeff and I are reading Zig Ziglar's book Better than Good; Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live. The last chapter we read was on passion and the process of maintaining it. He made two points that hit home for me. The first was that everyone needs a mentor. The second was that inspiration fuels passion, so you must continue to seek out inspiration in order to keep your passion alive. I had never thought of it that way!

I made a document tonight with pictures of many people who have influenced me in various ways: as a musician, as a Christian, as a person, as a teacher, etc. I feel inspired already!

Here's the list so far:
Lorna Perpall
Rod Cathey
Robert Sage
Xander Koops
Dennis Royse
Ruth Meints
Eric Whitacre
Patricia Edwards
Corrie ten Boom
Dmitri Shostakovich
C. S. Lewis
John Ortberg
Mike Yaconelli
Amy Grant
Mister Rogers
Moses Hogan

Who's on your list? Mine is growing fast! I am so thankful to all of these individuals for their contributions to the world, and to my own life. Most of them probably have no idea. Some of them are (obviously) no longer in this world. But all of them have impacted me and shaped who I am in some way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Corrie ten Boom is my #1 inspiration. I have a book by Mike Yaconelli that I will try to move up in my to-be-read priority list.