Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kozy Carrier, I love you too!

I am seriously loving my new Kozy Mei Tai carrier. It's easy to use, it has a great pattern, it's lightweight and Lilia digs it. Good deal! It's also reversible and the other side is just plain tan, no pattern, so Jeff wears it as well.

People are always asking for comparisons and recommendations on the baby carriers that I have, so here's the deal:

Padded Sling:
--Basically I hate it. But it's the only thing I can consistently breastfeed in easily at the moment so I still have it.

Moby Wrap:
--Love it, love it!
--Very comfortable for newborns!
--Easy to get baby in and out of.
--Encourages her to sleep, so it's great if she's overtired.
--Hard to learn, takes a while to get it right.
--Good weight distribution.
--Warm.
--Really could use a pocket!

Ergo:
--Expensive and needs a $25 insert for babies under 3-4 months.
--GREAT weight distribution
--Easiest of all to put on (besides the sling that I hate)
--Dad-friendly appearance.
--Cool for summer
--Medium-sized front zipper pocket for keys, etc.

Mei Tai (I have a Kozy Carrier brand):
--Good weight distribution (although not AS good as the Ergo)
--Beautiful fabrics!
--Reversible, so it has a dad-friendly side
--Relatively easy to put on and get baby in.
--Little pocket is great for keys, etc.
--Very versatile -- front, back, side, small babies, big babies, etc.

So that's my experience with each carrier! Happy babywearing. :)

2 comments:

Mel said...

you look great alyssa!

Mel said...

Hey Alyssa-
I would LOVE to get together, just gotta get these kiddos well first. I wouldn't want to expose Miss Lilia to these germies. Give us a week or so and we'll be golden...hopefully :)