Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gratitude

Jeff and I are being totally challenged and changed by our new church's "Life's Healing Choices" series. It's the basis for the Celebrate Recovery program and it's essentially a brief overview of recovery based on the Beattitudes, which are the "Blessed are's" in Jesus's Sermon on the Mount.

Todays' devotion was about meekness ("Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the Earth"), and about choosing your reaction to injustice. It's very appropriate in our life right now because a friend is facing some injustice and it's becoming a real challenge to choose our reaction. We still choose to take action on behalf of the oppressed because that's who we want to be, but we can choose love and grace as well. And we can choose gratitude rather than resentment.

The amazing thing is that when I look around, we have so very much to be grateful for. God is taking incredible care of our friend and of us as well. Jeff's job is wonderful and looking like it might get even better, I have the blessing of spending every day impacting our daughter, we own our first home, I can leave the house on a daily basis now if I want, the weather is great right now, we have more friends than we can count, I could go on and on.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog post!!!! :) How is the new house coming along? Did you get the vm I left ya?

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

I didn't get it! how is that possible? I'll try to call today.

Anonymous said...

Awe that's strange. I did leave a vm unless your # changed? Looking forward to catching up on the phone. Miss you!