Saturday, February 6, 2010

One Two Three JUMP

No, it's not a reference to Lilia. It's a reference to me, actually.

I have decided to start a small business website! I'm so scared to put that in writing, but I'm doing it and I really am excited about the whole thing. It's not going to happen overnight, but I'm working diligently and should be up and running with the basics within a few weeks or a month.

I have found a great company that not only helps you to make a website but also teaches you how to build a business out of it. It gives you great tracks to run on, as well as brainstorming software and TONS of research tools so you can learn how marketable your idea is, how profitable it might be with Google Adsense, how many other web pages compete with it, etc. I am a follow-the-instructions kind of person, so this company is right up my alley!

As I've been researching the options this week I came across something that really affected me and pushed me to "get out there." A woman who trains people to start web pages for profit said, "I understand the fear of losing money. But just the fear that no one will look at your website? You can't have that! You have to fail some if you want to succeed." And I realized that I was really held back by just a fear of failure. Not losing a financial investment or anything similar, but just the fear that I might fail. But somehow her description made me look at failure differently, as a step to success rather than an "alternative ending" to a successful story.

I could probably use that thinking in a lot of areas of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whose the great company?