Monday, February 8, 2010

She Walks!



Lilia has been walking really well holding onto fingers, furniture, etc. for some time now. But, having very unfortunately inherited her mother's overly cautious spirit, she would NOT let go of those fingers for all the tea in China. True to form, however, our friend Jaime was able to get her to let go of the training wheels on Sunday and take a few steps out there on her own! It was lovely to have so many of our adopted Phoenix family members there, but a bummer that Daddy had to work. We're working to get her to walk in front of him now. :)

I can't believe how fast this all goes. This is my little bitty bean, the little darling who used to just stare into my eyes or sleep on my chest and cuddle. And that was pretty much all she did! It's so wonderful to see her personality start to come out and to see her develop and grow. But it's so painful to let go of each one of these precious phases as they go by without me ever being quite ready to loosen my grip. I could bottle this and drink it in for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Erica said...

CONGRATS TO LILIA!!! I love how she kind of sinks down after a couple of steps, like she's run out of batteries...XD