Friday, December 31, 2010

And a Happy New Year



I have so many posts to write, rattling around in my head.

But today I have to write this one, because it's the last day of such a year. Such a year.

My mom told me a few years ago that our life then was about sowing faithfully. We were so careful with our budget, our time, our plans, but we hadn't seen a ton of fruit yet.

This year was about reaping. We're still trying to sow faithfully but so much has come to fruition in our lives this year. I don't think I've ever felt as grateful on a day-by-day basis as I do right now.

A husband I adore, who adores me back and shows it by partnering in the daily nitty gritty of life with me. A toddler whose heart is so big and beautiful and generous and open that it inspires me every day. A baby boy whose cuddles and smiles give me joy and strength on a daily basis.

If I die tomorrow, let it be known that God was more generous with me than I ever deserved or imagined and that I walked in wide-eyed wonder of His boundless grace in my life.

No comments: