Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Can't Believe I Forgot!

I forgot one more big change -- I'm taking the GRE and getting ready to go to grad school!


Please recall, not long ago, that I found out Fuller Southwest is trying to add the MFT program. I got very excited but had no idea what to do about it.

Then recently Jeff worked days instead of evenings for a training, and that week happened to be the week of a Fuller preview night. I felt compelled to go.

That's been the thing I keep saying, "I felt compelled." I can't think of any other way to say it. I know I have a choice, but the Next Right Thing just keeps jumping out at me in a way that I can't justify any other option.

This is not common for me but here I am and I have to do it. I have to do it the same way I had to tell Jeff that I'd fallen in love with him in Spring of 2005. I am compelled.

So I went to this preview night and learned a few things:
1. They are trying to get this program out here but it sounds like maybe a 50/50 shot that it will happen.
2. If it does happen the program will be extremely competitive to get into because they really want the first class through it to be successful -- small class sizes, etc.
3. Fuller is incredibly expensive (I later found out that the other option is equally expensive)

Wouldn't you think I would go home discouraged and giving up on this idea? Me too. But I didn't. I went home astonished, but certain -- certain -- that I now need to take the GRE (will be a requirement) and start working on prerequisite classes. So I'm doing that now.

I have no idea where it will lead but I can't live with myself if I don't do what I feel called to do today. So I'm going to hit the practice math questions and the vocab flash cards on my way to bed tonight. This is so weird.

No comments: