Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Turning Pages


Funny Story:

Jeff and I got married after a very long love story and a very short engagement. I have never been more sure of anything in my life.

Except the moment that I walked down the aisle. Then I totally freaked out. All I could think was: FOREVER! What was I thinking??? I am not old enough to make this decision!

Of course I was terrified to tell Jeff how I felt because I was certain it would devastate him. But I was serious about being honest with my husband-of-about-three-hours, so I told him in the car on the way to the hotel.

"Babe, I'm totally freaking out right now. Is that okay? I'm just totally freaking out!"

His response was a harbinger of his beautiful, calming influence on my life ever since:

"Babe, you don't do well with change." Wry grin.



Well, there are a lot of changes going on around here! Since many of my previous posts have been sort of cerebral I thought it was about time I update those who want to know about what's going on "on the ground." Here goes:
  • Lilia's first day in "big gull panties" was Monday! She still wears diapers at sleep times, but this is a big deal for us!
  • Evan is in the "only crawling backward" stage and it's sort of painful to watch. Poor guy! The more he wants something the faster he backs away from it. But it reminds me that we're entering the "moving baby" phase. Crazy. I can't imagine our family without Evan in it, but it seems like he was born yesterday.
  • Jeff had an interview yesterday with the network operations department at his company. It has been his dream to go into networking for some time and he's been going to school for it for a while now, so he is super excited about the potential for this opportunity. The interview went well. Prayers are still appreciated.
As usual when big changes come, I am just sort of holding on for the ride. It's weird that I don't even enjoy good changes. I like them once the thing has had a chance to settle, mind you, but I just don't feel that great until the changing part is over.

Praying my way through and loving my family. I am so proud of their achievements, big and small. :)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I always say I'm like some of my young students, I don't transition well.