Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The good, the bad, and the very very cute....

(Warning: I am aware that there are aspects to this post related to what my baby eats, where she sleeps and the fact that she sometimes cries seemingly inconsolably. I am also aware that everyone, everywhere seems to have an opinion on all of these items. I ask for advice frequently, but this is not one of those posts. In these areas I've researched to a level that can drive a person crazy and have decided, as declared in a previous post, to wing it.)


So today I had two really fun outings. First I went to the zoo with my friend Charity and her charming girls. It has been unseasonably cool here and it was a wonderful day for the zoo! Next I had a lovely lunch with my Bradley class playgroup. It was really great to see everyone and their babies again! Even our teacher, Jenny, came with her daughter. It was so nice to hang out with everyone.

Things went a bit downhill after that, though. I figured I was on a roll so I was going to find this great book I had seen at Fry's and later decided I wanted. I had already called my favorite independent Christian bookstore and they didn't carry it so I went to Barnes and Noble. Well, they didn't have it either so I went back to Fry's and was excited that they still had it. Only then I looked in my wallet and discovered that I didn't have my bank card. I thought I would write a check and then discovered that I was also missing my ID. I gave up and went home. Miss Lilia decided to eat, and eat, and eat some more when we got home. She kept crying and in a moment of desperation I decided I would try rice cereal. Looking back I'm pretty sure it was teething, but anyway we got some fun pictures.



I think about one spoonful got ingested, in the end, and she quickly returned to crying. It seemed like nothing would comfort her! And in the insanity I managed to lose the Snappi from her diaper mid-change and also her binky. It was not my finest moment. But, just in the nick of time, Jeff came home on his dinner break with a chicken pot pie for me and some comforting arms for Lilia. He actually got her to sleep in her cosleeper without the aid of a binky! I was endlessly grateful. She woke up one more time but I had a little more in the emotional tank for that one. She screamed and I repeated the 23rd Psalm over and over again. Believe it or not, it calmed her down and I was able to nurse her to sleep. She's sleeping peacefully in her cosleeper as I write this. Thank you, Jesus!

I can't believe I'm in the folder, "Lilia Joy, Month 5" for these pictures, but here are a couple more good ones.

3 comments:

Jessica Shannon said...

those photos are great, alyssa. she's getting so big so quickly!

LOVE her big beautiful blue eyes!

Erica said...

LOVING that second picture with the spoon. "Eeeewwwww!"

Tracy said...

Love you sweetie!!!! Let me know how I can help - now that I have some free time!