Saturday, September 19, 2009

In Case I Forget -- Lilia

  • She's alternating "tuh, "thuh" and "duh" sounds (very short -- not like they look in print!) now that she has top teeth. She thinks it's great fun to alternate doing them with Mommy or Daddy
  • We swear she said "Mama" on purpose this week. Not possible, though, right? Too young? She was very fussy, Jeff was holding her and she looked directly at me with this adorable, pleading look and said, "Mmmmmammmmma!" Jeff and I looked at each other, shocked, and then dismissed it as an accident. Well, fifteen minutes later it happened again, just about exactly the same way. Now I don't know. Shall I choose to believe? ;)
  • She's trying so very hard to crawl, but as she tries to focus hard on her destination she actually creeps slowly backward so that the harder she tries the farther away she gets from her goal. Does that sensation sound familiar to anyone else?
  • She now basically stops fussing, no matter the problem, as soon as she sees one of us strapping on the Ergo. I love that thing, Daddy loves it, Lilia loves it. Definitely a winner.
  • She likes rhyming books a lot. We're big fans of Dr. Seuss. Also Madeline.
  • She would watch TV like crazy if we let her. I don't know how long her attention span would be because we've never come to the end of it, but it is eerily long.
  • She studies everything, all the time. Her brain is working hard constantly.
  • When you first put food in her mouth, she always gets a look of disgust on her face, regardless of the food, even if she likes it. We think it's what she looks like when she's working on chewing.
  • She's getting way into squeaking now. Especially when nobody's paying attention to her. She's extremely social.

2 comments:

eleanor graham said...

I did the crawling backwards thing! (or so my mom tells me) I finally got it forwards, but not without a good deal of frustration and determination -- eventually there was a picture that I *had to have*, and that's what broke the backwards spell.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! When my nephew started creeping/crawling, he went backwards too. :)