Tuesday, November 16, 2010

They did it again.

Grew, I mean. Overnight.

I did not tell them they could do this, yet they persist.

Evan is now holding his head up all over the place like it's no thing, continuing to have complete conversations with anything with a face, and now trying to crawl.

Lilia has learned to say the whole word for Skype, and she's just.... well, big. She's big. We kept telling her she was a big girl and now she is one and I sort of wish I could take it back.

There are no words to describe how I just want to drink it. Parenting at this stage is so hard, so exhausting, that it sometimes makes me forget who I am. It's disorienting. I'm sleep deprived and broke and often worried I'm just doing the whole thing wrong.

And yet when I imagine these years slipping steadily away I just want to cry at the thought. I really don't take a minute of these babies for granted.

No comments: