Saturday, January 22, 2011

Exalted


Evan catching my eye. This is his expression when he first sees me every single time, except when he was born. That day he was a little upset....


My husband plays this little video game with his friends called World of Warcraft. (Apparently it's some kind of big deal.) It cracks me up because it puts exact, numerical values on things like "experience" and "reputation." The other day he came to me with great delight and informed me that he had such a great reputation with a certain tribe in the game that he had become "Exalted."

Apparently Jeff has arrived.

The next morning we woke up and Evan gave me the look in the above picture, following me with his eyes wherever I went regardless of other goings on in the room. I looked at Jeff and said, "There's 'Exalted' for ya!"

I now refer to Evan as my own personal cult following. It's really far less uncomfortable than I thought, being constantly showered with unbridled adoration. It takes almost no getting used to.

Before Evan was born I was a little worried about how I would love another child as much as I love Lilia. But now I see that, as my mom would say, each of them is my favorite child. Whichever one I'm looking at!

I am so blessed by this son I never thought I would have. I'm sure you're starting to see a theme in my blog. I certainly am. So blessed, so blessed, so blessed.

2 comments:

Britty said...

Seriously, so blessed! ;) I also love having my own following, after all, I'm kinda a big deal!

Famof5 said...

Awww... Don't you love that pure adoration! Children are soo amazing, and yes such a Blessing!