Monday, February 23, 2009

A Little Mothering Secret, Part II

Dan, you were right. I've found my first "secret joy." To be clear, I have found many, many joys in parenting Lilia, but this one was the first one I didn't see coming.

I was told about how I wouldn't sleep for a very long time (one person told me my first full night of sleep would be after my youngest child's fourth birthday!). I figured it was because of feeding and comforting and changing diapers. But there's another reason I find it difficult to sleep, which is that I just want to stare at her. That song "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" is really resonating with me right now.

The cutest thing she does at night happens when we first put her down next to Jeff. She tilts her head up and looks at him for a very long time. I think she just wants to stare at him too!Would you be able to close your eyes to this?


See, eventually Jeff can't stand it anymore either. So we're all awake, just staring at each other.

Now that is a GREAT little mothering secret!

3 comments:

eleanor graham said...

she is so so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!!!