Monday, February 9, 2009

A Little Mothering Secret


People told me a lot of things about becoming a parent, but there was one thing I wasn't prepared for: How fast everything goes. People comment about how fast my baby is changing and I want to yell wait! I'm not ready!

Is that the little secret sorrow in a mama's heart? Every time you're excited about some new thing she can do, is there a little part of you that says she'll never go back again?

Don't get me wrong. I want her to grow and change and be a capable person. I want her to hold her head up and sit up and eat solid food and roll and walk and run and play and... drive. But I know I will never have this little cuddly bean again. I just want to soak up every moment enough so that I'll have it forever.

Check out this video for a glimpse of how I feel.

2 comments:

danesparza said...

Yes. It affects daddy's too.

There are many secret joys that you'll be discovering, too. ;-)

And what a neat thing to be able to give your daughter a record of your thoughts and feelings when she was so young!

Michelle said...

Yes, you said it perfectly! I'm so glad you are being able to stay home with her, each stage is so precious and so different. I love the newborn stage so much, that sweet little helpless cry! It just breaks your heart:) Watching them learn to nurse, oh those moments are so precious to me. I can't wait to go through it again.