Monday, October 4, 2010

Shoosh!

First, I thought I should memorialize the fact that I put Lilia's hair in pigtails today. I don't believe I've ever successfully done that before. How did the pigtail pictures come about, then? Daddy. His patience appears to be endless.

In fairness, I have been pregnant since Lilia has been in the pigtail stage, and I have even less patience pregnant than I have normally. So maybe I'll keep doing them, now that I'm not pregnant anymore.

But the main thing I want to memorialize is that Lilia "lost" her hair today. I put it in pigtails and was quite proud of myself, and she ran her hand up to where her hair usually is.

She started tearing up immediately, with this shocked and sad look on her little face, and said, "SHOOSH!" which is her word for hair. (No, we have NO idea where that came from!) I reassured her that she still had hair but she remained pretty nervous about the whole thing until we Skyped Grandma and she saw it in the picture.

Then she felt pretty cute in her pigtails.

Last thing: She now has a word for, and regularly requests, "Skype."

I love our kids so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the pic of her with pig tails and Evan's pout? Now you have to post pics LOL. Miss you~ Heather:)

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

Okay, I tried to text you but maybe I have an old number. Are you still on FB?

Anonymous said...

Hi Alyssa I'm not on FB any longer but you can email me at yawritergrl at gmail and I can email you my cell. :)