Friday, October 1, 2010

Beloved, Part 2

Tonight I took a walk. I love walking. I think when I walk, I connect with people when I walk (either in person or on the phone), I pray when I walk. Early in our marriage we used to joke that one of Jeff's chores was to "walk the wife." Seriously. I go nuts if I don't walk on a regular basis.

So tonight, after a very long afternoon, Jeff graciously took both babies and I got to go on a walk and clear my head.

I heard that Voice so clearly tonight that I wished I could just curl up inside it. You are The Beloved. You are The Beloved. I thought of ways to improve myself: losing weight, buying nicer clothes, getting a haircut, planning my days better, etc., etc. I prayed about it. You are The Beloved. I made goals in my head and thought about writing them on posters on my wall. Prayed again. You are the Beloved.

Finally I had a moment of clarity and I heard a challenge in my head: Can you entertain the possibility, for a minute, that God adores you? That He wants good things for you, loves you just the way you are, is proud of you?

I thought of the way I feel when I look at my kids. I just want to infuse love into them. My greatest fear would be that they grow up unaware of how loved they are! I tell them at least a hundred times a day that I love them. I hold them, kiss them, play with them, sing with them, stare into their eyes, anything to convey to them how loved they are.

What if God is the same way with us? Whispered I love yous around every corner, hugs and kisses every day, a deep desire to convey how loved we are.

I am The Beloved! You are The Beloved! Did you hear the Voice today?

1 comment:

eleanor graham said...

I'm so happy that you're blogging again. I miss you and I love having this window into your world.

I need to take more walks -- they always help, even when I think I don't need help :)