Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mental Picture

I have been so tired this week. I took a job subbing at the school I used to work at, just for half days for 7 days (last Thursday through this Friday). We knew it would be a hard week and it has been! The main thing is that I work through naptime so I miss my chance to catch up on the sleep I'm losing at night. Jeff has to get up earlier in the morning so he's also missing out on sleep.

But tonight I packed up the kids when they woke up from their nap and went to the library. It was such a wonderful evening.

I excused myself from worrying about not having made dinner. I excused myself from worrying about the messy house and company coming next week. I excused myself from pretty much everything except enjoying my 2 beautiful kids. After the library we went next door to watch the sun set over the lake at the Riparian preserve.

Lilia loved reading at the library, especially sitting in the perfectly sized chairs. She LOVED the lake (Wa! Wa!!! Fishies!), she sang along with the radio in the car.

I think I will excuse myself more often. :)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Precious time with the kids is worth far more than any housework.