Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Design on... Nothing.


Today I have realized that the most difficult part of owning a home for me is going to be not spending anything to decorate it. We have money budgeted for paint and to clean the carpet (which is neutral), but that is IT. No great deals at Goodwill, no money for extras at all until we are done paying off our student loans. Which could be a while. And I should add that my taste in decorating is very expensive -- I like traditional stuff, textures, etc.

So, first, thanks for listening to me lament my sad situation.

Second, what's your very best tip for decorating with no money at all?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Paint
2) Freecycle
3) Rearrange furniture - new rooms, new layout, new purpose
4) Cruise neighborhoods before the bulk garbage pickup
5) Bartering websites

Anonymous said...

I love this blog:
http://resolved2worship.xanga.com/

Today's post has some cheap decorating ideas. I really like the thumbtacks and paperclips idea.

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

6) Bribe Andrea with a cute baby and good food and get her to come help decorate.

Anonymous said...

;) That works too!

Tracy said...

I'll come help too - if you all come help me!

jaime said...

i loved that blog too...by the way!

7) get all of your creative friends together for a "fresh look" huddle on what you already have and have a blast!

can't wait!