Friday, May 8, 2009

Things from my childood I want for Lilia...

--A foundation of love for the Lord
--"The Baptism of Jesse Taylor"
--A sister :)
--Spontaneity
--A love of learning
--Books. Everywhere.
--Parents who care to hear about the friends, crushes, and general drama of Jr. High.
--Disneyland
--Deep discussions
--Shared adventures
--Camping
--Grandpa's Special
--"Front Seat, Back Seat"
--Reading aloud together
--Singing together (especially in the car)
--Cheesy Elvis movies
--Frito Pie
--Birthday breakfast
--The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
--Laughing loud
--Board games
--Deep community
--Love for a good story
--Inside jokes
--Church musicals
--Peanut butter pancakes
--The ability to figure it out for herself
--Old friends
--A treehouse
--Lots of animals
--Woods

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW that sounds like a lovely desire for Lilia's life. Makes me want to join your family. ;) I definitely agree with all you put, though I've never had peanut butter pancakes. Sound fascinatingly yummy. I hope we can get together again sometime soon. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Erica said...

Oh wow, that brings back memories...

All together now (tune of Bridge over the River Kwai): Dink-dink, dink dink dink diiink diiink diiink!

Um, but when did we have a tree house? I don't remember a tree house...

I made peanut butter pancakes for Badger once and discovered it's an acquired taste. ;)

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

Lafayette -- On Carlyle Terrace. :)

Erica said...

We had a tree house there?? Why do I not remember that?? I just remember trees, although I remember climbing around in them a lot and naming the deer trails and everything...

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

Well it was more like a couple of boards in a tree, but I called it a tree house and lived in it accordingly! I don't know if you ever went up there. You were kind of old for that kind of thing by then.