Monday, May 25, 2009

Surfing

I Corinthians 5:16-17
16 So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

Last night was another one of those nights where Lilia ate about every one to two hours. It was crazy, but interestingly I was not. I think, I'm not sure but I really think, that I have grown a little bit.

I've always said that that hardest thing I've ever learned is that life is just a little harder than I thought it was going to be -- I learned that when I was about 19. But the BEST thing that I've ever learned is that I can be changed and grow and be better tomorrow than I am today. I'm starting to learn that I can't change myself, but that God can change me as I turn more and more things over to Him.

Well, this morning in my deep exhaustion, I prayed! Not just felt sorry for myself, not just hated getting no sleep, but also prayed! Me! And I feel a lot of things, but overwhelmed is not one of them.

Ah, a little growth. Praise God.

No comments: