Sunday, January 11, 2009

Babywatch Update

For those of you who are wondering when the heck our little one is going to make his/her debut, so are we! We frequently get asked if there's "any news," but the problem is that as a first-time mom I'm not super good and figuring out what's newsworthy. I don't know what it's supposed to feel like! I'm sure I'll know when I go into serious, late first stage labor, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure I know the "early signs."

But in case anyone has a better crystal ball than me, here's what we have:
  • "Due Date" is this Thursday.
  • First babies are actually an average of 8 days "late" and the due date is supposed to be an average, so if you're figuring it that way it would be Friday, January 23.
  • I've had a lot of cramping, mostly at night, since last weekend. Our midwife says that's a sign of cervical changes, which could be good.
  • Last OB appt. was Monday and I was 1 cm dilated, not effaced at all, and the baby was at -2 station. These all generally mean that the baby won't come soon, but they're not certain signs. They can, but usually don't, change quickly.
  • I'm having a lot of pre-labor/warm-up/Braxton Hicks contractions. That may or may not mean anything.
  • I've gone through several nesting periods, but I don't think I'm in one at the moment.
So that's the baby watch. Bottom line: your guess is as good as ours! Anybody want to guess or make a bet?

6 comments:

academic poser said...

My bet is January 20th- early morning. :)

danesparza said...

Babywatch pool in the Esparza household:
Dan: 18th of Jan @2am
Charity: 17th of Jan @3:45am

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

Oh good, we're getting earlier. ;)

Anonymous said...

No guesses for me. We're praying for you!!!! Pretty please ask someone to at least send a text and let me know when the baby arrives!!! I can't wait for you and Jeff to meet your little one face-to-face. Love and miss you!

Tracy said...

I'm betting on the 16th at 3 am ... tho I'd love it if Steve and baby B-D shared a birthday.

Anonymous said...

I think the 19th before noon. Does that count?

Andi...i'll be sure to call you ;)