Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Babywatch Update

Sorry it's been awhile since updating everyone...so here's the scoop...

Baby is sounding great and her heartbeat has been normal for the last several hours. Alyssa is having more pain than anticipated and this labor is much longer than she expected. There has been progress and we will have a baby by the end of the day.

Her water broke about 4 hours ago and the cervix continues to dilate. She and Jeff went on a long walk a little while ago and they are planning on another one. They are doing such a great job meditating on God's word and praying...it truly is an inspiration to see them go through this process together.

Please continue to pray for strength and endurance. They are exhausted and need to get through the day probably without any sleep. Thank you so much for all of your prayers, they were definitely felt a few hours ago during a very dark moment and they are continuing to flow through this home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any word on whether they'll need to transport?

eleanor graham said...

you guys are doing great!
LOVE

Anonymous said...

Alyssa you are my hero! You are inspiring me to do a home birth with my next baby. I am praying for God to strenghen you and comfort you. I prayed that you would feel the arms of God wraped around you, supporting you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Alyssa...we haven't even met in person yet, but I've been glued to my computer waiting for updates on how you and the baby are doing. I'm so glad to hear that the labor is progressing, and Lilia's heartbeat is strong. Please know that Rob and I...and loads of others...are thinking of you and wishing you strength. You can do this!

Anxiously awaiting the "Lilia's Here!" e-mail...

All our love,
Cathy and Rob