Monday, January 26, 2009

Babywatch Update

Decided to go the other direction from paying attention, timing contractions, etc. Put on "Cheaper By the Dozen." Now we're thinking we're gonna try again to get some sleep.

I'm very tired, but I have a total inability to sleep in any position other than horizontal, and horizontal seems to intensify the contractions. Soooooooo, I've got a conundrum. If you're still watching, pray that I am tired enough that I can sleep through the contractions.

Sue, our wonderful midwife
, called to check up. We still think we're doing okay, too early for her to come. Eliecia is a huge help! It's great to have another set of hands and ears. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it help to imagine you're in the car? That always put you to sleep when you were a kid...

Anonymous said...

There's this moment in one of my favorite t.v. shows when this woman is in labor, and the good guys are helping her. And the crazy/psychic girl (this is sci fi, after all) is staring intently the whole time. Then she looks up at the others with this expression of amazement and says, 'Who do you think is in there?'

I kinda feel like the crazy/psychic girl right now.

JeanneB said...

I've been praying and sleeping and praying and sleeping all through the night. We're up now -- Dad told me to stop whispering :-) So call us if you want. Coffee's brewing, we're reading our Bibles. Love you tons!

Unknown said...

I'm praying!

lauries226

Tracy said...

Praying, praying, praying!!!!! Hope you got some sleep! Have a wonderful day welcoming your new little loved one into this world!