Monday, January 26, 2009

Babywatch Update

I got a few more hours of sleep out of putting hot corn bags on my back before the contractions became just a little too much to sleep through again. Then I took a shower. Now that I'm up and around I feel a lot better. Jeff and Eliecia also got some sleep, so that's really good.

Apparently my body adapts to change as slowly as I do, so this thing just continues to slowly, slowly progress. Obviously it's not too bad since I'm still typing these myself. We haven't timed the contractions since I woke up and took a shower, but I'm pretty sure they're still regular but less frequent and slightly more intense than they were. We may call Sue and ask for ways to get things going a little faster while I still have energy.

So that's the update. Thanks for all your comments and prayers! It's much easier not to need to call a whole bunch of people and to have all the information going out in one place.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Glad you got some sleep. You'll need all your energy. C'mon baby!!!!

Anonymous said...

You sound really good! And yeah, the blog is a *brilliant* idea.

Anonymous said...

I have to go to bed now, but I will still be praying for you!

I love you, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:1-2

academic poser said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! And, yes, you are brilliant. :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Someone once said, "Good things come to those who wait", and I can think of a better thing than becoming a parent! (unless it's becoming a grandparent!)

Unknown said...

very exciting! Good luck and MTMMO folks are thinking about you!